Yes on Y and Z Kickoff Event with Fair Maps Colorado
On Tuesday, August 21 join the League of Women Voters; co-chairs Regent Heidi Ganahl, Kent Thiry, and Joe Zimlich; more than 100 community, civic, and business groups; many supporting individuals; and special guest Governor John Hickenlooper for the metro Denver area kickoff event at the History Colorado Center in Denver. Learn more about supporting Amendment Y (congressional) and Amendment Z (legislative), the two fair redistricting reform ballot questions to be decided by voters in the November general election on November 6 Details.
Free and open to the public. Bring your League friends, family and neighbors!
Help make Colorado a model for fair and effective representation at both the congressional and legislative levels.
For more information, visit the Fair Maps Colorado web site here.
Please RSVP on the Fair Maps Colorado event web page here.
Tuesday, August 21, 2018
History Colorado Center
1200 N. Broadway
Denver, CO 80203
Voter Service Committee Meeting
The League of Women Voters of Arapahoe and Douglas Counties Voter Service Committee members will meet to discuss voter registration, ballot issue presentations, and forums.
Wednesday, August 23, 2018
Southglenn Public Library
6972 S. Vine St.
Centennial, CO 80122
Management Team Meeting
The League of Women Voters of Arapahoe and Douglas Counties Management Team members will meet for their monthly planning meeting.
Monday, August 27, 2018
6:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Castlewood Public Library
Castlewood Conference Room
6739 S. Uinta St.
Centennial, CO 80112
Welcome Back to League Party
Join us for a sneak preview and discussion of this political landscape at our special WELCOME BACK TO LEAGUE party featuring noted Colorado pollster and political analyst, Floyd Ciruli.
Bring your family, friends, and prospective League of Women Voters members!
Topics will include:
• What federal and state issues will be impacted by this election
• The impact of who is elected to control the U.S Congress and/or the Colorado Legislature
• What the polls indicate
• The role of Big and Dark money
• His take on other important issues that may surface
Tuesday, September 11, 2018
5:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Centennial Community Center
7272 S. Eagle St.
Centennial, CO 80112
If you're arriving from Arapahoe Road, turn south on S. Jordan Rd. Turn right (west) on Fremont. The next street is S. Eagle Street. Turn left on S. Eagle Street and left again into the parking lot.
Three Reasons to Celebrate National Voter Registration Day
Tuesday, September 25, 2018
The League of Women Voters is celebrating National Voter Registration Day on Tuesday, September 25 because:
• Registering and voting is the best way for each of us to decide what happens in our country. Health care. Education. The environment. Immigration. Drawing districts fairly. Our place in the world. It all comes down to the people we elect. Eager to make a difference? Start by becoming a loud and proud supporter of voter registration!
• The League of Women Voters of Arapahoe and Douglas Counties registers voters at many events during each year. Add that to the efforts of other Leagues across the United States and it means that from coast to coast, more people can participate in the decision making and many people hear our message that voter registration is important.
• Join LWV and help us with voter registration. And, even if you can't help, you can help publicize in social media, encourage people you know to get registered or update their address, and spread the word.
Resources include our League of Women Voters of Arapahoe and Douglas Counties Election Central pages with links to county and state voter registration information here, the National Voter Registration Day web site here, and the League of Women Voters of Arapahoe and Douglas Counties individualized November ballot information for voters starting October 9 on our Vote411 web site here.
LWVCO Making Democracy Work!™ ConferenceJoin us at the League of Women Voters of Colorado's annual Making Democracy Work!™ Conference, network with other Colorado Leaguers, and share information to help your local League GROW, CHANGE, AND BE MORE EFFECTIVE AT OUTREACH.
Saturday, September 29, 2018
8:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Holiday Inn Denver East Stapleton
3333 Quebec St.
Denver, CO 80207